Well, now that I finally have a moment to sit, I'll fill everyone in on our busy weekend. Saturday we had a long ER day. While I was dishing up lunch, my daredevil 19 month old decided to shove her chair at the kitchen table backwards and oh did it fall! Our kitchen table is tall and you have to step up into the kitchen to get to it, so she fell backwards about four feet and hit the back of her head. Her eyes were fine, there was no blood, but she kept trying to pass out (her eyew were rolling back in her head) and since she had just woken up from a long nap I knew she wasn't tired. I called a couple of people and they said to get her somewhere quick. So, Ali took us to the Cook's Childrens on Precint Line. She was still trying to pass out and she wasn't really responding to me at all, so we were pretty worried. Jarrod was at a wedding in Plano, so I had no car and no way to tell him. After they took x-rays of her skull (4 of them) she seemed back to normal, so we thought everything was fine. Then the Dr. came in and said she has a skull fracture and you need to get to the ER ASAP. So, we head over to the ER, Jarrod gets the note on the door and we all end up at Cook's in Ft. Worth by 5pm. We are taken back to a room shortly after arriving, but didn't get our CAT Scan until around 8pm. The CAT scan came back with no bleeding or swelling! Praise the Lord!! But, we have to go back to a nerologist in a month to make sure that the fracture is healing correctly (the bone shifted about a mm and they want to make sure the bone doesn't grow all funny). So, needless to say, Mia is back to normal jumping from the furniture and scaring us half to death every time she takes a step. She doesn't go anywhere without us now. Sunday, I realized the girls had lice. I had picked about 7 bugs from Mia at the hospital (that's all she's had), then I got 6 off Emma before church (she had 1 more today after all the goo) and after church I got 1 off Kaitlyn (she had 2 today). We will repeat our regimen daily until I'm positive they're gone. So, I've been doing laundry since yesterday afternoon and I just LOVE laundry. Well, that was our eventful weekend. Maybe this weekend will be a little more relaxing =)
No comments:
Post a Comment