While the rain has been much appreciated by our lawn and our wildflowers, it has kind of put a damper on our summer activities. For those of you who don't know, it has pretty much been steadily raining everyday for the last month. Some days it is the nice rain you can go out and play in, but most of the days it has been a torrential downpour-the kind that will flood your house (yes, our house flooded again a few weeks ago). All of this flooding up here has been blamed on a low pressure system that has stalled over the area (we are hoping it gets a move on soon, but that looks unlikely). Our 7 day forecast shows rain everyday. But, while it has been flooding we have been lucky. The poor people in NRH, Haltom City and Gainesville have gotten it bad. While I am sure we will look back on all this next summer (when we are in a drought and its 110 degrees outside) and say man I wish it would rain like last summer, but for now I am so ready for it to stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment