Monday, October 12, 2009

The Fancher Rundown

Ok, so far this month has been pretty busy so here's our rundown so far-

The kids: The "big" kids are really loving school and getting into the swing of things. They make their "freezer" sandwiches for the week on Sunday afternoon and they also get out all their clothes for the week and put them in the shoe hanger in their bathroom. This has made the mornings much smoother. The "little" ones are enjoying their time at home with Mommy and especially love Mondays b/c it's Daddy's day off. They do get very excited when the "big" ones get back from school. We've been trying to stay on top of our chores, but b/c it totally takes my breath away to go up and down the stairs 22 times a day to check up on the "pick up before you get something else out rule" (so we don't have a tornado in the rooms) they've kind of taken advantage of that one. But, other than that they have been pretty good. We are working on telling the truth with the oldest. When will she realize that we KNOW everything and she just can't get away with it? Little Bubba has most definitely started the terrible 2s. He got put into the "Time Out Corner" yesterday. He screamed bloody murder, but he stayed for his minute. Little Mia thinks she is 12, but she is a sweetie. Ems loves school, but she has followed in the oldest's footsteps with the Kindergarten drama. When I say drama I mean DRAMA. Everything brings on the tears or the angry face. Yesterday Mia's book almost touched her arm and you would've thought someone ran her arm over with a car.

Mommy and Daddy: We have been extra busy- doing taxes, straightening up the house, trying to figure out sleep situations for when the baby comes and trying to come up with a name for our newest addition. Daddy has been really busy with work, but he enjoys it, so that's good. Mommy has been busy getting the house straightened up and keeping up with her 101 things in 1001 days list. It's been nice to have the list b/c it's been keeping me on top of things and sort of forcing me to make some me time. The "me" time has been nice b/c I usually don't get any of that at all. We did a lot of canning and I've been doing quite a bit of baking. I love to bake this time of year. Right now I'm waiting on my crockpot yogurt to finish culturing.

Baby: I have reached the 26 week mark, so 14 weeks left to go. Our newest little buddy is a mover and a shaker. We are still working on names. Talk about stress. I get winded quite easily. Dr. appt today- we'll probably do the normal sit for 30 min. and then hear the heartbeat and then leave.

Family: we went to the apple orchard and got tons of apples-we ate a bunch and canned the rest. We went fishing. We still need to hit the pumpkin patch-maybe next week. It has been super cold. We got about 2 inches of snow last Fri. We have got to find some fun stuff to do when stranded at home in the cold, frigid weather. We all get bored fairly quickly. we did the library yesterday which was an adventure.

I will update with some pics later this afternoon. I think that's all we've been up to.

No comments: