Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Garden Update

We have now planted everything in our garden. (Yay!) We started most everything from seed except for a couple of jalapeno plants, lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, a few storage onions and one cucumber. I am going to try and update as things grow, so we can have a good review of what we planted this year, so we'll know what worked and didn't work for next year. Here's what we've planted:
Row 4-parsley, basil, onion and jalapeno

Row 3- Pickling cucumber, okra, pole beans, jack pot zucchini, patty pan squash, chocolate peppermint and chocolate spearmint

Row 2- Pumpkin and Potatoes

Row 1- Tomatoes (roma, big beef, early girl and sweet 100) and Lettuce

Everything is looking good so far (fingers crossed), so hopefully we'll have a good harvest and I'll be able to can like crazy. My plans are to can the pumpkin, tomatoes and anything else I can think of. We will also definitely be pickling the cucumbers and okra (so yummy!). We are very excited and can't wait for our harvest!

This week at the garden:

J watering the starts we planted








Me and my sleeping
little C Behr











The rest of the kiddos
playing in the Kid Area

2 comments:

April Spicer said...

This is awesome Ash!! I'm excited to see how everything turns out. We are in TX right now, so I'm excited to see my garden when we return (tomorrow). IN has had lots of rain while we were gone, so I think things are going to be crazy looking. My lettuce is done, so tomatoes, pumpkin, zucchini, cucumbers, bell peppers and herbs are left. Is your garden a community plot or is this part of your property? Tell Jared hello. I miss you guys!

Ash said...

I wish we had some bell peppers! You need to post some pics of your garden. I would love to see some recent ones. Our garden is a community plot. I like it a lot, we can grow whatever we want and all we have to do as far as everybody else is concerned is keep our walkway weed free. It is well worth it. We miss you guys too! Congrats on the newest addition! Tell everybody hello. I' so jealous you got to go to TX. We are hoping to get down there in 2011.