Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The skin on your elbow

During Emma's Birthday dessert, Kaitlyn asked if we knew what the skin on your elbow is called. We said we weren't sure and she told us it's called the Wenis. We looked at her and said that someone obviously told her that in order to get her to say it b/c it rhymes with another word. So, she came into the living room to look it up and prove us wrong. Here is how the rest of the encounter went:

K- "Ha! I was right. Here's the definition- The wenis is the skin on your elbow. If you pinch your wenis it will not hurt at all. If you pull it it will strech pretty far."
As she is ready this definition to us, Jarrod and I are almost dead we are laughing so hard. As she finishes up with the stretching part Emma adds her 2 cents from the living room- "Look, I'll pull my Wenis right now". As soon as that comes out of her mouth Jarrod and I are laughing so hard that I am in tears and he is pretty much maroon.

All in all it was a memorable conversation and we have learned something new- the slang term for the skin on your elbow is wenis, but the medical term is olecranan skin.

No comments: