Friday, July 31, 2009

Meet and Greet

Yesterday we got to meet my new Dr. to see if we liked her. We did, so we have our 1st visit on August 10th. She was very nice and very good with the kids which I found comforting. I really didn't want a Dr. that was bothered by my kids being around b/c guess what, they hang out with me all day and they'll always be around. So, it went well and since we got through it so fast she asked if we wanted to hear the heartbeat and of course we did. As we were leaving the office we saw a woman with her mother and new baby. I said , Emma look at that teeny tiny little baby. She goes it's cute, did they get it out yet? It was really funny b/c I'm standing there thinking she's either really confused/tired or she just insulted the grandma holding the baby by saying she looked very pregnant. But. we asked her about it and we think she was trying to ask if they just got it out. As a backstory Emma and Mia are obsessed with getting this newest Fancher Kid out, as soon as possible. So, the meet and greet went wel and I'm not really looking forward to the office visit the 10th b/c that's massive blood taking day and I HATE blood taking days (to the point I shake, lose all color and get nauseaus(sp?) when I get in the blood taking room-I don't even have to see the needle). I'm trying to get Jarrod to go, but he doesn't do well with it either. The last time he went with me on blood day was when I was pregnant with Mia. He had missed lunch due to seeing patients and the timing of the appt., so he ended up passing out in the hallway on the way to the front desk. This from the man that had to learn to take blood in school- I think it was the no food thing though. After that he never went on blood day- the girls have had to be hand holders for me. On the plus side, it's also ultrasound day and since I'm so far along for our first visit, we get to find out what this kid is going to be and we can stop calling it the new Fancher kid and baby. Hopefully Jarrod can make it. I want him to ask for the morning off, but I think he's using all his vacation days already. He's taking 3 off when his brother comes and he took off some when my Dad and his parents were here. But, I may ask Kevin for him. If he can't get the whole morning maybe he can atleast take the portion for the Ultrasound. Well, that's as up to date as we are on the new baby. I'll keep you uodated though.

No comments: