Friday, August 14, 2009

Rub a Dub Dub....

I got Jude in the tub! Well, not for the first time, but it was the first time he was happy and not screaming and trying to jump back out. I guess I figured out a new way to get him excited about a bath. I was soaking in the tub relaxing and he was fully clothed standing outside the tub playing with his bath toys and splashing. Eventually after awhile he started taking the water and wiping his face and then he moved on to sticking a foot in the tub one foot at a time. So, I got him undressed and stood him up in the tub. He assessed the situation and went on playing with his toys and splashing me. He really enjoyed himself. Then, after a few minutes he went over to the soap, rubbed it with his hands and then washed his belly and face. He did it all on his own, no comment from Mommy> I did not wash his hair b/c I knew that would ruin the "happy bath". Yes, I have tried the whole bath thing with me before and this is definitely the first time he was happy and not crying. He has hated baths since birth. I am so excited that he enjoyed this one! But, it did give a little hint into what potty training may be like when it comes time to do that. He seems to be a little like Emma in the "I'll do it when I'm ready" attitude. Which could prove to be interesting.

No comments: