Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Word of the Year...

I love fun blogs- blogs that give me crafty ideas, thought provoking blogs, baking blogs, etc. I am a pretty creative and thoughtful person, but I love new ideas and sometimes people come up with things I NEVER would of thought of. One blog that I check daily is Tip Junkie. She is having a giveaway right now, but it's not so much what the winner gets as what you have to do to be entered to win. Tip Junkie challenges you to come up with your WORD OF THE YEAR. It is the word you think of that will define 2010 for you.

I thought for awhile about what I wanted this year to be, how I wanted to define this coming year and ....I did it! I came up with a word! Drum Roll please.......my word of the year is CHERISH. I plan on taking time to slow down and CHERISH everything around me. I want to Cherish God more, my husband, my kids, my whole life in general. So, I plan on using this contest to take a big step in my life. It is hard to slow down- especially for my get everything done, perfectionist self. I am going to try really hard to not let ME keep me from accomplishing this task.

So, funny story to go with this. I asked my thoughtful, spirit-filled husband what his word would be last night. I, knowing how he usually goes all out coming up with insightful stuff, was expecting a word sort of like mine or something even better and totally awesome that would leave me wanting to come up with a better word. But alas, my husband's word for 2010 is "SHAZAM!". I sat bewildered in bed when he told me his word. I even asked if he was joking, but he said no and still today says that's his word. When I asked him why, he told me that when he thinks about 2010 the first thing he thinks of is "Shazam, 2010 is going to be a great year".

So those are our words of the year. What would your word be?

Oh and if you're interested in putting your word in the contest- the giveaway is going until the 11th at tipjunkie.com. You would comment under her post for today (the 5th).

No comments: