Well, I haven't been very productive since Coen came home. I am extremely super tired and everyone has been feeling under the weather for the last week or so. I'm pretty sure the word lazy has popped into my husband's mind a couple of times, but he's done a pretty good job of keeping his mouth shut. I have done quite a bit of laundry and I did the dishes this morning. Jarrod as taken over lunch and dinner duty and the kids do their own breakfast (the big ones get for the little ones). This has helped a lot since I have been able to get a little bit of rest. Coen doesn't go to anybody but me unless he's asleep. In fact, if he's not asleep and I try to give him to someone so that i can do something, he screams and I mean he screams. This kid has got a set of lungs on him. He doesn't like it when I put him down to get food for myself, go to the RR or anything else. So, this morning when I put him down so I could make some breakfast (which is when I noticed you couldn't see the sink anymore)he was NOT happy. He screamed the entire 3 minutes it took to make my oatmeal and the 10 minutes it took to put away dishes, rinse and load the dishwasher. It probably took less than 15 min., but it felt like forever with the little one screaming. But, through the screaming I could hear this sweet, tiny little voice singing "I wuv jou bushel and peck" to his little brother. Jude does not like it when Coen is upset, so he was trying to make him happy by singing a song that I sing him all the time. I thought it was the cutest thing ever and if I hadn't been wet from doing dishes and I had been a bit faster, I would have tried to catch it on video, but alas I'm not that quick. So, while I have not been that productive, I do catch more of those special moments like this one when I'm hanging out holding baby Coen and that's productive enough for me.
1 comment:
This is such a sweet story. I can just imagine hearing little Jude's voice. You hang in there with the screaming. I'm sure you are doing fine since you aren't a new mom by any means. Ours were both screamers---no matter who was holding them. I understand the whole 15 minutes feeling like an eternity. But I pray he has more sweet quiet time than he does crying. :) Definitely post some pictures if/when you get some down time. Don't worry about the dishes. I'm sure Jared is informed of how much you have on your plate---especially if Coen is a cryer. I would love to come take the baby for a few hours for you. Depend on anyone who offers that and is actually close enough to do so! :) Many hugs coming your way!
Post a Comment