Last week we got a ton of stuff together for the house. I am working on getting us less cluttered and back on our old routines. Me being pregnant (with Coen), having an infant and just being tired is finally done. Coen is at an age where he can handle playing on his own or with the siblings and I have weened him to nights only, so he isn't as clingy during the day as he was. He still has his moments were he wants to hang out with me or snuggle, but he is enjoying his freedom too.So, here's what we did last week-
We were blessed to be able to finally replace our washer and dryer (hallelujah!), so that came last week.
I got us a duvet cover for our bedroom and finally covered the quilt that the dogs mauled. The duvet really brightens up the room.
We got rid of the king bed and set up 2 of the twins in the old guest room (now the boys room). Kaitlyn is sleeping in what will one day be Coen's bed b/c Jude didn't want to be alone. She has been sweet enough to let Jude in bed with her to snuggle when he wakes up in the middle of the night or really early in the morning.
I have taken down the toddler bed and we will be giving it back to the people that loaned it to us. It has opened up a ton of room in our tiny bedroom. Jarrod is already talking about another bookshelf in there. We have a ton of books and not enough shelves. I have gone through them a ton and pulled out books we don't need anymore and that we don't read. We have trimmed them back a lot. We actually have enough shelves, but we had to use a set of shelves for the DVDs that used to be housed in an inset bookshelf in the wall of our old house. So, if we had something for the DVDs we could put all our books up.
I also finally recovered my desk chair. I had picked out some fabric that was not good for chairs (wish the person that was shopping with me had told me that before I bought it) and it pretty much got mauled during the move and then even more so by the kids when they noticed pieces tearing. I guess you just can't help but pull on small tears and make them bigger.
Now, I am on to setting up a laundry system and cleaning out things.
**** I also updated the VDay post with cupcake pictures****











2 comments:
UMMMMM...WHAT?!?! Did I miss something!?!? I didn't know you were pregnant again! Congrats!! When are you due??
Oh noooo, not pregnant. I just meant I have had all this stuff piled up since when I was pregnant with Coen and the laziness hit. I will fix that in the post. No more kids here.
Post a Comment