Monday, November 28, 2011

Quick Update

Man, it has been super busy since school started. I feel like I haven't gotten to take a deep breath in awhile. The girls are enjoying school this year. They love their teachers and once again we were blessed to get awesome teachers for the kids. We just had our parent teachers conferences and heard nothing but good things from all 3 girls' teachers. I love going to those meetings and hearing that they are being awesome at school. I heard from all 3 teachers how the girls were helpful, sweet, good listeners and that they were nice to everybody. The boys are hanging out at home with me. We started Mommy school, but have taken a little break so that I could get my stuff together and help Jarrod out with office stuff. I am now the leader of Emma's Brownie troop and the VP of our district's PTA (it is one PTA for all 3 schools in the district). Brownies is a lot of fun and PTA is....interesting. Definitely very different from other PTAs, but we are working on making it better.
We went trick or treating around the neighborhood this year. Kaitlyn went with some friends and we hung out in the area so we were close by. It was coooold! The kids had a ton of fun and once Coen figured out that EVERY house we went to had candy for him he got really into it. It was really cute watching him trick or treat. The kids were polite as usual and thanked everyone for their candy. The people at the houses seemed shocked when they would do it, but they also thought it was adorable when Coen would get a piece and go "tank yoo".

Thanksgiving was great! It was a rest that I needed. We drove to Bozeman Wed. and did Huffing for Stuffing on Thurs. The weather was wonderful. We started the 5k a little cold, but about halfway through we were stripping off jackets. The 4 big kids ran the 1k with Jarrod and then we all walked the 5k as a family. The boys rode in the stroller and we all made it to the finish in an hour and 5 min. We did our Thanksgiving feast on Friday and just hung out. Saturday night we drove to Coeur D'Alene and took the kids on Santa's Boat Cruise. It was so much fun! It will definitely be a must do for next year too.


As far as family stuff goes, we are doing good. Jarrod's new business is up and running, so we could always use prayers for more patients for him to help through chiropractic. I am helping him any way I can. The kids are getting big! Mia just lost her 1st 2 teeth (2 days apart) and Coen is starting to talk more (finally!). It is fun watching him come into his personality. He seems to have picked up the stubborn from both sides, but like his big brother and sisters he is a sweetie!

No comments: