http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2009/04/considering-in-gods-creation.html
I have some green living tips for you. Feel free to comment and add any others you might have.
Recycle
Reuse when you can (think of a fun art project)
Just buy what you need- No wasting
Turn off your lights and open the windows during the day
Knock that thermostat down a free degrees in Winter and up a few in Summer
Only wash a full load in the dishwasher
Wash laundry in cold water
Use a wool dryer ball to speed up dry time
CFLs
Plug electronics into a power strip and turn off the strip when not in use
Cut back on tv time Go outside and enjoy the gift God has given us
Reusable bags (grocery, sandwich, snack)
unpaper towels
Get rid of one use bottles
So, Go check out Creation today




Ok, so now I have to vent for a minute. I got on Facebook today to say Happy Earth Day! and was saddened at what I saw. One of my "friends" who is a self proclaimed woman of God just doesn't care much about the environment. Or atleast that is way it seems to me. I sent her an Earth Hour invite last month-You were supposed to turn off your lights for an hour to send a message that you cared about the environment and were going to be doing your part (atleast that's the idea in a nutshell). She e-mails back and says she won't be participating, but that she will make sure to have every light in her house on for earth hour. The next day she wrote on facebook that she did indeed have all the lights on. Then today she gets on and says she is going ot turn on all her electronics to make a magnetic field to celebrate earth day. Ooohhhh it just makes my blood boil to hear someone just talk out of their butt like that. I just want to get in her face and scream pull your head out of your a** and start taking care of what God has given you! But, I bite my tongue and wonder how someone so into eating farm fresh foods can try so hard to be difficult and destructive. I do not like it! Well, thanks for letting me vent to you.









No comments:
Post a Comment