Sunday, January 23, 2011

Goals...

I am not big on New Year's Resolutions, so this year I decided to come up with just a few goals that I know I can achieve by the end of this year. Jarrod and I also came up with some Family Goals, goals for him and we called in each kid and wrote out goals for them and a treat for when they achieve their goals. So, here are my goals and an overview of how we picked goals for the kids. (I got these ideas from SipmleMom and Inspired to Action- both blogs are linked on the right of the page)

My goals-
1. Stick to my routines and help the kids stick to theirs
2. Save $$- get our Emergency Fund back up and running and get started on the 3-6 months savings
3. Get rid of baby weight
4. RELAX (my word for the year) take some time for me
5. Focus on relationships- keep up with date night (atleast once a month), family nights and our weekly "coffee time"
6. Work on that 101 Things list- I have made a dent, just need to keep on top of it


For the kids, we picked 4 things (this was taken from Inspired to Action)- 1 to enrich knowledge, 1 to grow in favor with God, 1 to grow in favor with man and one physical activity. We had them pick something that they wanted to work on knowledge-wise. This ranged from learning colors and numbers to completing a Math workbook correctly. Then, each kid picked a physical activity they wanted to do. Two picked learn to swim, 1 will ride her bike with no training wheels and the other wants to run with her Daddy. Jarrod and I picked a Bible verse for each of them to learn based on a quality we thought they needed to work a little bit on. The growing in favor with man will be 2 family service projects each quarter (a total of 8 this year). Coen really only has one goal for the year- to learn some Baby Signs. He is a little stubborn about the baby signs and pretty much just smiles and laughs at me. I am really looking forward to getting started on these with the kids this week.

This weekend we are going to try and work on a Family Mission Statement together. I got a great e-book of steps to making a Mission Statement for Moms from Inspired to Action and we are going to follow those steps for our Family Mission Statement. Jarrod and I also did the Morning Routine E-book and came up with a good routine for each of us. I love these 2 sites and highly recommend you check them out.

2 comments:

Debra said...

These are great! What's "Inspired to Action"? We are in Mississippi now ... life changes! Hope ya'll are well.

Ash said...

Inspired to Action is a great blog! You would love it! I have it linked on the right and you should go check it out. I will also FB you the link. Hope you like Mississippi!