Friday, May 6, 2011

Kaitlyn is 12!!!!

Yesterday we celebrated Kaitlyn's 12th birthday. My little baby is a big girl now. She is almost as tall as I am. She is in an XS at Old Navy and she has surpassed my shoe size and is now in an 8 1/2. (which means I just got some new shoes-well, new to me anyway). She has gone from my little chubby cheeked human buoy into a beautiful young lady. I miss my little belly button picking baby, but I am enjoying my young lady. We have our moments, but most of the times we have skipped the drama. We love her very much and are sooo proud of her. I can honestly say I am looking forward to seeing the woman she will become as we are getting glimpses now.

Kaitlyn, we love you and are so very proud of you. You are a sweet girl and you are turning into a beautiful young lady. Happy Birthday!

Here is how her Bday went - after school she opened her presents and then we let her pick somewhere for dinner. She decided on The Mustard Seed (my Cinco de Mayo baby picked chinese food for dinner). Then, we came home and had a yummy choc. chip cookie dough cake from Cold Stone. She got a lot of neat stuff for her birthday and I think she enjoyed turning into a tween. She got some Bday money, Old Navy GCs, a hiking pack with water bladder, the Lego Harry Potter Wii game she wanted, a purse and wallet from her siblings and a haircut from us. Tonight she gets her party. We let her have 2 friends over for a sleepover. They are going to watch movies and play Wii. We are going to do cupcake fondue for dessert. I think we are going to do PW's cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I will definitely post pics of all this Bday stuff as soon as I get them on the computer.

No comments: