Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was GREAT!!! I am blessed to have 5 great kids and a wonderful husband!!
Jude woke me up at around 7:30 for some yummy PW cinnamon rolls (I made them Sat. for Kaitlyn's party). So, I fed the kids (Jarrod was out hiking) and then Daddy came home and was super surprised that we were all awake. He had planned a big breakfast, but we beat him to it. He did end up making the turkey bacon he picked up. He was trying to go the healthy route, but we both agree that while turkey bacon is edible, full fat pork bacon is so much yummier. The kids gave me some beautiful cards. Emma made me a beautiful butterfly sun catcher st school and Jude made me a flower vase at Loews (he also picked out some tulips to put in the vase).Then, we got my craft table ready to paint. My poor table has been waiting about 3 years for paint. After hanging out for a little while, we headed off to church. At church they handed out roses to all the women and we also got an invite to a salon for a night of pampering. After church, we drove out to Lolo to eat at the Lolo Steakhouse. It was soooo yummy. Jarrod and I split a pound of Alaskan King crab legs. I didn't realize how much I missed crab until I had that. After lunch we took Kaitlyn to the mall to spend the rest of her Bday money. She got a couple of cute shirts at American Eagle. Then, we went to the big Dipper and got ice cream. We ran by the garden and Kaitlyn and Coen passed out. When we got home Jarrod and I primed the table and got the first coat of paint on. I am doing the top in Chalkboard paint and the legs and trim in Purple Dragon. I love chalkboard paint! I am so excited that my craft table will be done soon. I love the fact that as I'm doing stuff I can make notes, write out supply lists and even draw out my ideas on the table- no paper needed!!! I will post some pics later along with the promised Bday pics.
Funny story- we gave Mia, Jude and Coen a bath before bed last night. Mia likes baths except for water in her face, so she is constantly spitting when water gets on her face, Jude hates baths (we have tried everything-sometimes he is calm, but most times not so much) so he screamed the entire time. So, he was a quick get him in get him out. Coen on the other hand loves the water. He'll take showers with us and hardly make a peep. Even last night in the bath tub he played and splashed. He even sat down in the tub. I know, you're thinking -sitting down isn't that big of a deal!, well in our family it is. Jude still won't sit in the tub- he'll squat, but that is as close as it gets. Well, Coen sat and when it was time to get out, he flat out refused. He even figured out how to put the plug back down. The only time he was unhappy with the bath situation was when we took him out. He kept hopping up and trying to get back in when I was getting him dressed. It was great! After having the last 2 hate baths, it was nice to see one enjoy it after so long.
Judah's First Stitches
9 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment