On Saturday, Emma told me she didn't want to die, ever. When I asked her why she said that she never wanted to die because she didn't know what would happen after she did. Today she even asked if she would get to meet Papa in heaven and if we would still be a family. So, this is what I told her on Sat.- nobody really knows what to expect, so it's ok for her to wonder and today I told her that we would definitely still be a family in heaven. My FIL did tell me one time that we would not know each other in heaven which I hope is not true because I want to know my kids and my husband when I see them in heaven. But, I'd never tell my kids they won't know who their Mommy is.
So, on Saturday night we talked about Hebrews 2:10-18 and the preacher covered how we should not fear death and how in verse 15 it says that Jesus died to free us from our lifetime of bondage in our fear of death. I guess I get it, but I still fear death because I don't want to leave my family and like my 5 year old, I don't know what to expect. It's the unknown that keeps me worried.
So, I guess my question is do you fear death?
Judah's First Stitches
10 years ago









2 comments:
Ashley, I used to fear death every single day. It wasn't until just a few years ago that God released me from that, and allowed me to yearn for the beauty of His presence! I don't know how far you got in the Esther study, but there was a whole video, and week devoted to this. It is the 4th session video (page 104) and the week following. If you didn't get to do that before you moved, you can download it from lifeway.com for $5. It really changed my life. While I no longer worry about dying, myself, I constantly worry about my loved ones dying, and leaving me here. Either way, it is a stronghold of fear that Satan uses. I hope that helps!
Thanks Diana. I will have to look and see if I got That far. I think that may be the video session I missed b/c we were visiting here. But, I do plan on finishing the study. I just need to motivate myself.
Post a Comment