10 years ago today, I was headed to Memorial Southwest Hospital in Houston, TX. I was 2 months shy of 18 and headed to have my first baby girl. Kaitlyn Marie was born May 5, 1999 at 10:24pm weighing 7 lbs. 14 oz. and she was a chubby little monkey! Kaitlyn and I spent the next 4 years together, just the 2 of us. We lived in Houston with Nana until she was 3 and then we made the move to North Texas to our "home". We lived in Las Colinas for 2 years and then moved to Keller when Jarrod and I got married. So, we got 4 years just the 2 of us (plus Jarrod for 3 of those four years while we dated), but it was a lot of fun. She was the first of four chubby little monkeys and my precious angel. Today she turns 10, her first year in double digits. It has gone by too fast. She has gone from being the human buouy and float testing and 15 months to liking boys. It's crazy to think in 6 years she'll be driving and in 8 she'll be leaving high school to go to college. Where does the time go? Well, Happy Birthday my sweet angel! I love you!
Lord, we give thanks to you for Kaitlyn Marie who celebrates her 10th birthday today. May she ever grow in faith, hope and love. Growing in grace and loving you, Lord. We ask this in the name of your son Jesus. Amen.
Here is a pic of Kaitlyn at 3 months and one at age 10(with her siblings):

No comments:
Post a Comment