Ok, so here's my Friday Five. Five things we've done this week or just five things in general that I feel like sharing.
1. Kaitlyn turned 10 this week. This must just be her way of making me feel old. She's getting older just to spite me =). She had a good birthday. We went to Freemo's she got a DS and some games along with money and GCs from family, so we went shopping yesterday. Se got another game, a pair of shoes, a movie some pjs and some girly stuff. Today we head to Old Navy so she can get some clothes. We still owe her a carousel ride.
2. We went to SHEC for church on Wed. night. They only meet on Wed. nights seasonally for 8 weeks at a time. That's when their adult/child classes are. We like the Sun. stuff, but the kid's stuff is seriously lacking. E&K are in class together and they can never tell me what they learned. It's always we played and watched a video. Which greatly disturbs e b/c E has always been our special child that after class will tell you for months the exact bible verse they learned, how it was taught and how it applies (thanks to Ms. Lynn and Ms. Karen). Now, she's getting nothing. I know I shouldn't rely on others to teach them, but I am a Bible dummy...I need curriculum to teach them with. So, I guess I'm going to have to get some and have a bible class at home. M is kind of similar to E in that she thrives in Bible class. She loved it and looked forward to it every week. But, here she has to stay and play in the nursery. No class or learning for her. Which I DO NOT LIKE at all. But, she does get to play with Jude which keeps them both happy for the hour and a half we are there. The kids hate it. When they figured out we were going to church Wed, they were upset and they have always LOVED church. I don't know what to do. I guess we'll have to keep visiting. The other church we were interested in had a great kid's program and the service was not something we felt like we wanted to be a part of.
3. We celebrated Cinco de Mayo yesterday with Taco Night b/c Tues. night was Jarrod's late night. He "had to" go to a Chamber meet and greet. Let's just say he really suffered through it. Since we are the only 2 (plus Jude) who will eat the tacos I had to wait for him.
4. E took her Kindergarten readiness test. She did great! The Principal gave it to her and said that had the best vocabulary. She just loved talking to her.
5. We went to Brewfest. Lots of beer and bands. I enjoyed the bands, the kid's played and Jarrod taste tested. Since I don't like beer or wine, it was a good thing they had music or I would've been BORED. There was a Espresso beer that smelled really good, just like coffee, but since it was beer I thought it tasted nasty. It did smell good though.
Well, that's my five for this past week. Other than that it's been the same old week.
Judah's First Stitches
9 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment